Checklist While Creating a New Website
Creating a new website or updating an existing one can be an uphill task, as you may feel lost and ponder where to start. However, with the right tools and knowledge, this could be a very manageable process.
The following website checklist will help you in tackling key issues during website development.
- Check your theme typography and layout.
- Insure spelling and grammar consistency.
- Ensure there’s no dummy content on site.
- Ensure legal pages are in place.
- Get a favicon.
- Check all images have alt tag.
- Include a 404 Page.
- Ensure website is responsive and cross browser compatible.
- Ensure all Title,Meta and keywords are in place.
- Verify website using google webmaster.
- Ensure all forms are working and proper email acknowledgement is flowing to the customers.
- Perform 301 and 302 Redirect
- Validate HTML errors from W3 Validation checker.
Hope this handy checklist helps you in identifying most common mistakes web developers commit while creating new website.